Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Christmas in August

I always love this time of the year, everyone is extra nice and generous and everyone is in a festive mood. Maybe it’s the presents (hopefully not) or the cheer in the air but something about this time of the year makes everyone extra nice and thoughtful which I really do love.
 

It’s times like this that make me feel grateful to be alive and to be surrounded by people whom I love and care about.
 

Even down at the rehab center, everyone is extra nice and even the patients are a bit easier to deal with. Although, there are a few people who do not appreciate the holiday season due to bad experiences in the past, we try our best to create an environment where they are able to feel the love in the air and appreciate the season for everything that it’s worth.
 

Sometimes people tend to overlook the work that I do and there have been a few points in my career wherein I have felt forgotten or unappreciated. I would feel a bit down especially when I had to work at the center instead of be home with my family but it is something that I have eventually learned to accept. My job does not stop when I want it to, I believe it stops when people no longer need my help which is hardly ever. But sometimes, people tend to forget about doctors and the fact that we also have our own lives and they tend to get bossy and fussy sometimes, too.
 

Every once in a while, we get sweet surprises from our patients and their families which I find to be very heartwarming. For instance, today I was given an early gift from a patient’s family which was a diet supplement called Gynectrol. Their family knows that I’m a bit of a health junkie and I like to work out so she gave me this to aid me in my journey to weight loss.
 

I’m planning to get a little something for all my patients this year as well as long as for the nurses and other doctors in the center. Maybe I’ll bake some of my special spaghetti recipe and share it around on Christmas morning or something. That should be exciting!
 

I hope you all have done your Christmas shopping and that you’re all in a good and happy place this holiday season, as well!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment